Emergency services said one person died and three were taken to hospital after a carbon dioxide leak at a nuclear power plant in the Spanish region of Catalonia.
PHOTO: Mario Guti/iStock/Getty Images Plus
– One person has died and three others have been taken to hospital after a
carbon dioxide leak at the Asco nuclear power plant in the Spanish region of
Catalonia, local emergency services said on Wednesday.
fault in the plant’s fire prevention system caused the gas leak, which was not
linked to any radioactive material, the regional fire service posted on
afterwards, the fire service said it was preparing to leave the site after
checking over the extractor fans with the plant’s staff and ensuring the
systems were working properly.
three people taken to hospital suffered light injuries from carbon dioxide
inhalation, emergency services said.
Never miss a story. Choose from our range of newsletters to get the news you
want delivered straight to your inbox.
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can
trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to
a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism,
top opinions and a range of features. Journalism
strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.